Monday, August 29, 2011

Dear Family,
I hope things are going good for all of you. Things here in the mission are going good. Elder Miller and I are just doing so good. We are working hard and doing what is expected of us. Elder Miller is the most obedient missionary I have met. ha ha. We are doing really good! Transfers are coming up here next week. transfers again. can you believe how fast time is going? Its not good. a quarter of my mission has already gone by, that is not what I want! I love the mission way to much. I was able to go to the temple this past week. it was really amazing! temples are the best building on the earth. Even better than cabelas ;) ha ha. I was able to go to the Sacramento temple. It was cool going there because its the temple that we would have gone to if we still lived in CA! so it was really cool. I was able to think of the reason I was called back to CA, of course I don't know why yet, I just know that it was for a reason. I love being here though. its great stuff. I love being able to laugh about things with my companion. He is super serious but he has a laughing side too. I am able to bring that out a lot which is good. missions are serious but by thinking of our investigators all the time and thinking of things like that just cause a lot of stress so its good to be able to laugh a lot and do things that are fun. besides just on p day. :) so maybe that's why I was called to serve with Elder Miller, He taught me how to follow rules better and how to be a leader and really be a missionary and I taught him how to have fun with the smallest things? who knows? ha ha.
Things are going really good, even better than what I expected! missionary life is the best life. I have so much fun but I am working harder than I have ever worked. All day long out in the sun and doing nothing else but work, really builds character. its good for me. I am really starting to grow up and be a man :) i still cant believe that i am a missionary. ha ha. its crazy that I have been waiting my whole life for this, and now that its here, its crazy! Putting on my tag is just awesome. I love being able to see my family name and also His name! it really makes me think of how important this work is. Ah its amazing. But I could go off all day on how much I love the mission. but I don't want you all to be green with jealous rage so I guess I will stop. ha ha. love you all. hope your doing good. love ya
Elder Cody Penman

No comments:

Post a Comment