Monday, April 18, 2011

Well its Monday again and that means e mail time. I hope that all of you had a good week! I know that I did. I loved this week a lot! I do have two words of bad news though.... the first thing is the baptism, It didn't work out. :( but we postponed it until this coming Saturday the 23 so i hope it will work. the 23 is also my mission birthday so that will be cool! ha ha. the second thing is I got sick on Friday night :( I think I got food poisoning... I was sick Friday after dinner and than Saturday until like 4:00 so about 20 hours of being sick! It was not good at all! But we worked through it. I got a blessing and than everything was good. I have such strong faith in the priesthood now. I just love it so much! All is good with me and my companion. We are still working hard and finding more people to teach. I know that the people will come with hard work. I went on exchanges with the A.P.'s this last week and they taught me a lot. I learned how to be more bold when I contact people and I learned to not take no for an answer. so now we are finding more people cause we are being more bold in talking to people. The area is still really nice, I am getting to know the area a lot better now so that's always good! I am just having a blast out here! Its almost time to transfer though, well its almost been 6 weeks, I am hoping that i stay here. some people in my district think I will stay here but I will train someone. That would be nuts! but i think that Elder Ratuwara will be the district leader and I will still be a normal missionary :) I guess we will all find out on Saturday. This transfer has been full of cool and exciting things. I love it very much! Vallejo is amazing! the other day a member took us to Olive Garden and out our way out some people stopped and talked to us and told us that they are members from Utah. they live in Alta but they have a son coming home in like 10 days from Sweden or something like that. they are all pretty stoked! ha ha it was cool to see someone from Utah and talk to some normal members. ha ha. I gave them all pass along cards and challenged them to pass them along. I hope they do it! ha ha. Pass along cards work sometimes and it also builds charity as we pass them along. so if you want some, talk to the missionaries in your area or i will send you one or two. ha ha. the weather has been really nice. its super warm here! not hot or not cold.its warm. like a perfect temp! its amazing! I am still trying to pick up Fijian. its not easy to learn. ha ha. but than again i only try learning it at night. ha ha. I am glad that Bishop Wayment gave me that advice. I am totally using it! I have grown a lot and my mission is totally changing me. for the better that is! :) I am learning so much from the zone leaders and the district leader and i learned a lot from the assistants on Thursday! The president is really amazing! Such a cool great guy! I bet he will be an authority after the mission! ha ha. well thanks for all you do for me and all the prayers. i have the best family ever! thanks so much! I will write when i can! :) love you all and have a good safe week. Let the spirit guide you to do the right things in your lives. read Alma 17. its a good chapter. love you again!
Elder Cody Penman

No comments:

Post a Comment