Thursday, April 7, 2011

Hey Mom and the rest of the Family! I decided I would just write one big long letter to the whole family that goes on the blog so I have more time to write stuff. so if I e mail anyone besides you mom or dad, that does not need to go on the blog because it will probably be more personal and yea... if that's not okay with you, just let me know. haha.
So this week was really good! I loved it so much! Especially general conference. it was really good. I am glad I am on my mission though because it sounds like they talked a lot about the importance of marriage. I am much to young for that! haha. all my friends e mails are the same as mine, first name dot last name @ my ldsmail.net so mine is cody.penman@myldsmail.net. but not many people can e mail so just find their parents of Facebook and get their address that way. that's what I would suggest anyway. I did get a bike the first day I got there. Its a sharp blue one. The guy didn't give a discount so it was more than I expected but that's ok, everything worked out! I have only gone like 6 miles on the bike cause I am in a driving area. but we are going to use the bike more cause we don't wanna go over on miles. haha. Yea the teaching is going really good! we found a new lady this past week who seems really interested! I hope everything works out. I got to watch conference at the church in a close town. it was amazing. the spirit was so strong! I loved it! I had so many questions answered. it was just me and the other missionaries in my zone in the chapel since most people have BYU tv. haha. but that's o.k by me! I took a lot of notes on conference too. like 22 pages of them. nuts huh? my favorite one was about desires and also the one by Elder Bednar about the holy ghost. that was super amazing. the songs were good too! oh if you can throw some good church tunes in the package too that would be good. we have listened to the same CD for a LONG time. we want some new music to listen to. haha. The MTC is super crazy huh? so many buildings there. its really easy to get mixed up on the buildings. what did they say about the MTC and who was the one that did the article? I didn't have that much cereal actually. only like two bowls a meal. haha. I have been eating the normal food. nothing to crazy. haha last night a family was trying to get me and elder Elison to eat some pigs feet. but they said we didn't have to so we chose not to eat them. haha. we have 4 elders in the ward so we always eat dinner together. Elder Elison and Elder Tokalolo are the other elders. they are super cool. Elder Tokalolo is from an island as well. so him and my companion, elder Ratuwara get along really well. haha. that's too bad that the weather has not been good for you... it was rainy the first week and a half but now its straight sunshine. haha. it feels nice outside. but I am very thankful that I am in a car and not on a bike. haha. I got 3 letters on the same day from Kim and I get letters like twice a week from Rashelle and her girls. Its super cool to get a lot of mail. I just feel bad cause I don't have a lot of time to write people back through the week but i am trying my hardest i promise. I will write everyone back that writes me. I am really glad that i am in Cali. its so nice here and the people are really cool! I did run into some people that lived in Chico. they talked a lot about Bidwell Park. that was pretty neat to talk about what i remember about Chico. haha. anyway, thanks so much for all that you are doing. it is so amazing! I can feel all the prayers and all the support. I feel so safe out here and i feel Gods love for me and for my companion. we are working super hard out here and we are doing all that we need to do. Well I still gotta write my mission president so I will talk to you all next week. I love you very much!! :) have a good week. talk to you next week! :)
Elder Cody Penman.

No comments:

Post a Comment