Monday, March 21, 2011

dad!

well i have been out here for a week today! my trainer is really cool. he is from Figi so his english is a little tough but he is super cool. we got white washed into the area which means we are both new to the area and don't know anyone really.. that's kinda tough but that's what the area book is good for. we actually found a couple of potential investigators that we have future appointments with. that is cool i thought. I heard BYU is doing good with the march madness thing? But back to the mission stuff, my "dad" is Elder Ratuwara. like i said, he is from Figi but we are working super hard to find people. there is no time to relax. AT ALL! My Mission President is so cool! He is such a nice but strict guy. I am glad that he is so awesome. he is a funny one too! I am in the town of Vallejo. that's where 6 flags is. i actually live like 1/2 a mile from the place. my address is 1975 sereno Dr #30 Vallejo CA 94589. so now you can write me. ha. thanks for the packages by the way! i got all my stuff. :) The flight was good! there was some turbulence but that just made it more fun. haha. it was good to talk to you last week on the phone. I miss talking to you and mom in the kitchen after mom gets home. but it will be awesome when i get home cause we will both have mission stories! haha. That's cool that your working so much! That's such a good thing! the Lord blesses our family so much. i didn't realize just how blessed we are until i saw other families here in Cali. Yea have those boys start working on that jeep so i will have a car to drive when i get home. ha just kidding. speaking of cars, the area i am in is a driving area, guess who the driver is? you guessed it, Elder Penman! :) its a nice car too, 2011 ford fusion. it has almost 2000 miles on it. its pretty nice! I will have to look for the march ensign somewhere. probably church. speaking of church, its different here, some people don't even dress up, some girls are so immodest i feel like i am at the wrong building or something. its so different but i love it so much! there are a lot of black people here which is way different than Utah haha. the other night i was at dinner at a members house, guess what we had... bollut. if you don't know what that is i will tell you, its baby duck. the duck was still in the egg. haha it was SO NASTY but i had to eat it because its the "welcome to Vallejo" thing. haha. so much for not eating weird food haha. but The rules are pretty easy so far. we will see how i do as time goes on! but i just want to let you know that i love you so much! i know without a doubt in my mind this is the one and only true church of Christ. I love it so much! I just wish more people would accept the message we have for them. but i gotta go, so until next time,

Elder Cody Penman

Oh tell brendan good job on the basketball! Keep working hard. everyday if possible.

tell the young men to study preach my gospel hard. teach out of it as much as possible and tell the priests to go out with the elders often. it helps. trust me.

No comments:

Post a Comment