Monday, August 15, 2011

FAMILY!!
Hey family I hope things are going good for you! Things here in Winters CA are going great!! Elder Miller and I are doing what we can and we are finding people to teach. We should be having a baptism on the 27th for this woman named Jennifer. She is really progressing and excited to get baptized. :) I am very happy about that :) The ward is really amazing too, they are all fellow shipping beasts and do what they can to have people join the Church. its really sweet! and they feed us pretty good. Not as good as the Vallejo saints but we still get some really good food which rocks cause I am trying to gain some weight. I have gained some weight too. I am not at 155 :) ha ha I am still super skinny but I left only weighing 130 so that's sweet that I am getting bigger. :) ha ha.
so iIhave been out for almost 6 months now and it I finally realized what I don't like about being a missionary. and that's early morning meetings ha ha. well I don't go to those very often so its not a big deal but on Sunday, we had to go to a meeting at 5 in the morning. I know its not that bad but when we are already limited on sleep, it kinda sucks. ha ha. but oh well. today during shopping, as soon as we walked in the doors of Wal-mart and around the corner, some random guy saw what church we were from and was like, "you really believe in that? You really believe in Joseph Smith?" I gave him a look and was like, "no I don't, I KNOW Joseph Smith was a prophet." ha ha he shut right up. It was really cool :) having a testimony sure is neat! That is actually the hardest part of being a missionary, all the yells we get when we walk the street. but of course, I don't care. I know its true and I know that I am doing the right thing. ha ha.
one of the coolest things about Winters, is how much of a farm town it is. ha ha. there are a ton of fields and orchards and all sorts of things. Yesterday we looked in the sky on the way to church and there were 10 hot air balloons just chill in up there. it was way cool to see those. well that many at a time. I tried to get a picture but i was in the car and it was really bumpy so my pictures are really blurry! but it was way cool. there are always some cool things here! its cool!
School started up today for these poor kids. its way early to be starting school! I feel bad for them. but it should help with the missionary work. people will be home from camping and vacation so we will actually be able to teach people about the message of the restoration. Its going to be good!! Well, love you all. its time for me to get back to work. hope you have a good week. love ya
Elder Penman

No comments:

Post a Comment